Re: <option> and text-align

> Possible.  I'm not sure how web-compatible dropping text-align styling
> on form controls might or might not be.  If my <select> is inside a
> centered <div>, it's not clear to me that I want all the stuff in the
> <select> centered, for example.  It's pretty clear to me that authors
> won't think about that, though.

You are right. So, I modify my proposal: HTML5 default stylesheet to specify
both text-align:start for <select> and text-align:match-parent for <option>.

> I think a stronger statement is that Gecko is alone in using the CSS
> formatting model to handle layout of the combobox dropdown and
> of the listbox (with block boxes for options, etc, etc).

Right. Should the CSS spec imply that this is a bug on Gecko, a bug on the
others, or say nothing at all, so we continue to have a free-for-all?

Aharon