Re: <option> and text-align

On 1/19/11 11:11 AM, Aharon (Vladimir) Lanin wrote:
> Well, it does seem to inherit from the <select>, but not from a parent
> of the select.

Quoting from Gecko's UA stylesheet:

    select {
      text-align: start;
    }

There are also similar rules there for input and textarea (buttons and
reset/button/submit inputs are set to text-align:center, though).

You can see the whole forms-related bit of the stylesheet at
http://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/source/layout/style/forms.css if
needed.

>     That said, none of your testcases set text-align, and Gecko
>     currently inherits the "start" value as "start", so in fact
>     everything on a page has a computed text-align of "start" by
>     default.  Unless someone sets some text-align styles somewhere.
>

> I do not know what you mean. Here is the content of my attachment. Note
> the text-align on body and on several of the option elements.

Er, I meant "set text-align on the select", and I meant to quote the
above UA rule but clearly forgot to.  :(

-Boris