Re: [css3-font] Extension of font-stretch property

Brad Kemper wrote:

> As a designer, if I
> ask for a condensed font, then I expect it to be narrower than a
> non-condensed version, even if that means synthesizing when condensed
> versions of the typeface are not available

Also as a designer, I would rather have undistorted letterforms even if
this means a nominally condensed face is not in fact narrower than the
non-condensed version, because distorted letterforms not only look ugly
but may introduce serious legibility problems, especially in low
resolution rendering environments. If I don't have condensed letters
that have been designed and hinted as such, I would rather not have
condensed letters.

Can we accommodate both kinds of designers?

JH