Re: [CSS21] Question on section 17.6.1 The separated borders model and width of inline-table

From: Gérard Talbot <www-style@gtalbot.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 10:31:22 -0800
To: "Boris Zbarsky" <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>

Le Mar 11 janvier 2011 18:03, Boris Zbarsky a écrit :
> On 1/11/11 7:39 PM, "Gérard Talbot" wrote:
>
>  >
> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20101210/html4/empty-cells-applies-to-007.htm
>> "
>> the width of the<table>  element is the distance from the left border
>> edge
>> to the right border edge.
>> "
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/tables.html#separated-borders
>
> This testcase doesn't use a <table> element.  So that clause is not
> relevant here (which explain's Gecko's behavior; we actually implement
> this in terms of a box-sizing property on html table elements).
>
> The upshot is that I think given the testcase as written the correct
> size of the square is 26px by 26px.  It sounds like Webkit is doing the
> border-box sizing for all tables, not just <table>?

Boris,

I appreciate your reply and your insightful assistance.
I have created this basic testcase
http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/height-width-inline-table-001.html
which, I hope, will eventually be included in the testsuite.

I have read carefully section 17.6.1 several times and I think there are 3
 issues which should be clarified or reworded a bit.

regards, Gérard
--
CSS 2.1 Test suite RC4 (December 10th 2010)

Contributions to CSS 2.1 test suite