Re: [CSS21] Question on section 17.6.1 The separated borders model and width of inline-table

On 1/11/11 7:39 PM, "Gérard Talbot" wrote:

http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20101210/html4/empty-cells-applies-to-007.htm
> "
> the width of the<table>  element is the distance from the left border edge
> to the right border edge.
> "
> http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/tables.html#separated-borders

This testcase doesn't use a <table> element.  So that clause is not
relevant here (which explain's Gecko's behavior; we actually implement
this in terms of a box-sizing property on html table elements).

The upshot is that I think given the testcase as written the correct
size of the square is 26px by 26px.  It sounds like Webkit is doing the
border-box sizing for all tables, not just <table>?

-Boris