Re: [CSS3] support for linear-gradients & radial-gradients

On 13/01/2011 2:19 AM, Alan Gresley wrote:

> I don't understand why the CSS WG or implementers would want a CSS
> gradient to behave differently from a SVG gradient. A SVG gradient from
> <color> to transparent is the same as the current Gecko and WebKit
> implemented CSS gradient which is interpolation in un-premultiplied space.

Regarding this test, example 5.

> <http://css-class.com/test/css/colors/color-layer-above-below.htm>

I have just discovered that I'm wrong concerning WebKit. Safari 5 shows
this SVG gradient from lime to transparent the same regardless of color
of the background that it appears above. The transparent part is not
transparent and this  means that a SVG gradient from lime to transparent
is identical to a SVG gradient from lime to white.

--
Alan http://css-class.com/