Re: [css3] support for filters

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 12:55:47 +1300
To: Rik Cabanier <cabanier@adobe.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org, ed@opera.com
Hi Rik.

Rik Cabanier:
> I'm not sure if this has already been discussed, but are there any
> plans to introduce the filters to CSS? It would be great if there was
> support for blur or drop shadow filters. Having them part of a
> transition or a keyframes structure would allow for some very useful
> effects.

Yes, the SVG Filters spec[1] (which was intended to be a module that
works on top of SVG Tiny 1.2) is listed as a document within the scope
of the CSS–SVG Effects Task Force[2], and I believe that the intention
is to make it applicable to SVG and CSS content.  Erik should know more
about the current state of that.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-SVGFilter12-20070501/
[2] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/fx/

--