Re: list-style-image was(Re: [CSS WG] Minutes and Resolutions 2011-02-23)

On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 8:29 AM, Alan Gresley <alan@css-class.com> wrote:
> CSS3 B&B fails to indicate what should happen. CSS2.1 has this which is not
> what we are seeing.
>
>  | Intrinsic dimensions expressed as percentages must be resolved
>  | relative to the dimensions of the rectangle that establishes the
>  | coordinate system for the 'background-position' property.

Yes, this paragraph was resolved to be removed a few months ago, as
percentage intrinsic dimensions don't actually exist.  The edits
haven't been made yet.

> BTW, I tested with <svg viewBox="0 0 400 400"> and nothing seemed to change.
> What should happen?

What did you expect to happen?  Setting the viewBox just gives the
image an intrinsic ratio, which in this case would be 1:1.  All the
sizes in your examples have been percentages, so they don't care what
the coordinate system is and will render the same.