[css3-text] white-space:pre-wrap/pre-line (was New WD of CSS Text Level 3

From: Koji Ishii <kojiishi@gluesoft.co.jp>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 05:14:46 -0500
To: Xaxio Brandish <xaxiobrandish@gmail.com>
Thank you for spending time to review the spec and your great feedbacks. I’m responding one-by-one, some may come later as I need to dig into further or I may need to consult with other folks. Allow me to try from easier ones.

> Section 4.3
> I see the values "pre-wrap" and "pre-line".  While I understand
> the meaning of "pre" in this context, the first reading of it gives
> the impression of "before the wrap" and "before the line".
> Is it okay to go ahead and spell out the full word "preserve" for
> this value?

Unfortunately they're defined in CSS 2.1[1] and are already implemented in several browsers, so we can't change it any longer.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/text.html#white-space-prop

Regards,
Koji