Re: [css3-flexbox] Flexbox needs to define where the baseline of a box is

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 16:26:11 -0500
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
CC: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>, Alex Mogilevsky <alexmog@microsoft.com>
On 2/18/11 3:59 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> It turns out that I misread what Boris was asking about here.  He was
> specifically interested in the baseline in this case:

> The baseline is well-defined if the flexbox contains something, even a
> single space, but when it's completely empty it's not.

Well....  That depends on whether whitespace trimming happens before or
after baseline determination, right?

I believe in gecko it happens before, so no matter how many spaces you
stick in there the baseline is the same as if it were empty...  What
about in other UAs?

But yes, this is what we need to define.  I'm ok with putting the
baseline at the after outer edge, I think.

-Boris