RE: CSS Variables

Oh, so by 'implementors' we're talking about individual developers working
for a single implementor. Then I guess I just need to poll more developers
than you ? :) Seriously, can you elaborate on why they all preferred it ?
If their preference is implementation-related it seems highly relevant.

> Externally, two of the main SASS developers (Nathan Weizenbaum and Chris
> Eppstein) have told me they prefer the $ prefix (not surprising, since
> it's what SASS uses for vars).

Right. That's certainly relevant but definitely not surprising either.

When I gave the talk a few weeks ago about
> these experiments, I had several attendees (who I don't know the names of,
> sorry) independently tell me they didn't like var(), and wanted the $
> prefix or something similar.

All relevant feedback but while it's concurrent I wouldn't qualify it of
'overwhelming'. (Even though it would allow me to assert IE9 to be the
best browser ever within the hour...)