Re: [css3-speech] ISSUE-153 speak: none; usage incompatible with other values of speak

From: Daniel Weck <daniel.weck@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 00:19:12 +0000
To: "www-style@w3.org list" <www-style@w3.org>, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>

On 5 Feb 2011, at 18:23, fantasai wrote:
>> The other comment I have is that 'auto' must resolve to *computed*
>> values of 'none' or 'normal', otherwise it doesn't work.
>
> Sorry, a *computed* value of 'none' or 'auto', where a computed
> value of 'auto' resolves to a used value of 'normal'.
>
> You really have to be careful about not changing what I wrote in
>  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2011Jan/0483.html
> because the interactions here are very tricky. 'auto' must inherit
> as 'none' when 'display' is 'none', and must inherit as 'auto'
> when it's not, otherwise this doesn't work.

Thank you, I indeed messed-up the "computed" versus "used" value
terminology. Now fixed.

Just to confirm, your original proposal said:

"
auto - Computes to 'none' when 'display' is 'none'. A computed value
of 'auto' yields a used value of 'none'.
"

But you really meant "...yields a used value of 'normal'", right ?
(otherwise nothing would ever get rendered in the aural dimension when
using the 'auto' value for 'speakability')

Anyway, I would greatly appreciate if you could review the latest
prose again:

http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-speech/#speakability

Many thanks ! :)
Regards, Daniel