Re: [css3-speech] ISSUE-153 speak: none; usage incompatible with other values of speak

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2011 10:23:24 -0800
To: Daniel Weck <daniel.weck@gmail.com>
CC: Mark Kenny <beingmrkenny@gmail.com>, "www-style@w3.org list" <www-style@w3.org>, Charles Belov <Charles.Belov@sfmta.com>
On 02/05/2011 10:15 AM, fantasai wrote:
> On 02/05/2011 04:15 AM, Daniel Weck wrote:
>> The latest editor's draft now includes a new 'speakability' property. The 'none' value of the 'speak' property has been
>> removed. Note how "speakability:none" is analogous to "display:none" (the prose is near-identical).
>>
>> Please review [1].
>
> I would suggest marking the name of the property as an issue
> in case anyone has better ideas. :) I'm not too thrilled with
> speakability.
>
> The other comment I have is that 'auto' must resolve to *computed*
> values of 'none' or 'normal', otherwise it doesn't work.

Sorry, a *computed* value of 'none' or 'auto', where a computed
value of 'auto' resolves to a used value of 'normal'.

You really have to be careful about not changing what I wrote in
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2011Jan/0483.html
because the interactions here are very tricky. 'auto' must inherit
as 'none' when 'display' is 'none', and must inherit as 'auto'
when it's not, otherwise this doesn't work.

~fantasai