Re: CSS Variables

From: David Woolley <forums@david-woolley.me.uk>
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2011 13:03:09 +0000
To: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
Jonas Hartmann wrote:

> So why is it a counter argument for(against?) including into CSS just
> because it "can" be done by pre-processors?

It avoids including things in the over-the-wire protocol specification
that are not needed for correct rendering.  That means one less thing
that browsers have to get exactly right for interoperability.

> The counter argument I see is backwards compatbility. CSS always or

In particular, remember that some clients can be frozen a decade ago.
This is especially the case if they are used by people outside the pop
culture generation.

--
David Woolley