Re: CSS Variables

Jonas Hartmann wrote:

> So why is it a counter argument for(against?) including into CSS just
> because it "can" be done by pre-processors?

It avoids including things in the over-the-wire protocol specification
that are not needed for correct rendering.  That means one less thing
that browsers have to get exactly right for interoperability.

> The counter argument I see is backwards compatbility. CSS always or

In particular, remember that some clients can be frozen a decade ago.
This is especially the case if they are used by people outside the pop
culture generation.

--
David Woolley