Re: Proposal: Form factor media queries

On Wed, 14 Dec 2011 17:24:28 +0100, Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com> wrote:

> take a look at OIPF DAE Reference Guide [1], Section 5.1, for an example
> of
> a fine grained set of features that could be used for media features;
> more
> details in [2] Section 9
>
> [1]
> http://www.oipf.tv/docs/Release1/OIPF-T2-R1_DAE_Reference_Guide_v1_0-2010-03-11.pdf
> [2]
> http://www.oipf.tv/docs/Release2/V2.1/OIPF-T1-R2-Specification-Volume-5-Declarative-Application-Environment-v2_1-2011-06-21.pdf

It seems to me that most of the features/capabilities that OIPF makes
possible to detect are important to know for applications on the device,
but not so much for layout. Whether the TV has a PVR built in or not may
change what you want to try and do using javascript, but probably not what
kind of layout you want to use.

If you think there are some particular values in this list that are still
interesting to us, please point out which.

  - Florian