Re: [css3-transitions] Transitions from display:none

From: Øyvind Stenhaug <oyvinds@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 10:58:32 +0100
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
On Tue, 13 Dec 2011 20:15:33 +0100, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
wrote:

> There is no ordering for properties to apply; they all apply at the
> same time.  Any behavior otherwise is a bug.

I didn't mean to imply that there would be some non-zero time interval in
which only one of them could be observed to apply.

Another way of phrasing it would be... if 'display: none' is supposed to
keep transitions from starting, and a switch from state A to state B
involves a possible transition of some property, then at which state(s)
should 'display' be examined for the aforementioned rule?

> However, I'm not sure if transitions can/should "work" when the
> start-state is display:none.

Right.

--
Øyvind Stenhaug