Re: [css3-transitions] Transitions from display:none

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 14:24:37 -0500
To: www-style@w3.org
On 12/13/11 2:15 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> There is no ordering for properties to apply; they all apply at the
> same time.  Any behavior otherwise is a bug.

There is also no definition of when a value is computed, which is the
problem: transitions allow one to see when values are computed in ways
that could not be determined before with black-box testing.

So either we have to make various transition start stuff explicitly
undefined, or we have to invalidate a whole class of optimizations that
avoid computing unused values.

-Boris