Re: [css3-flexbox] flex-align: stretch and max

On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 4:30 PM, Tony Chang <tony@chromium.org> wrote:
> The spec doesn't define what should happen when a flex-align:stretch flex
> item hits a max-width or max-height.  For example, in a horizontal flexbox,
> there might be a max-height on a flex item that prevents it from stretching
> to fill.  I think we should obey the max-height, but align the item to the
> start.  The other option seems to be to center align, but start seems a bit
> simpler and more consistent with the non-auto case.

I've made this edit by rephrasing the section:

"""
If the cross size property of the flexbox item is ‘auto’, it resolves
to the length necessary to make the cross size of the item's margin
box the same size as the line, while still respecting
‘min/max-width/height’ constraints as normal.

The cross-start margin edge of the flexbox item is placed flush with
the cross-start edge of the line.
"""

This good?