Re: [css3-lists] scoping and display: list-item

Le 07/12/2011 17:54, Tab Atkins Jr. a écrit :
> Indeed, you're right.  Fixed now - I explain precisely what it means
> for a list item to "increment the list-item counter".

"""
increment the list item counter ‘list-item’: if the element doesn't
otherwise have a ‘counter-increment’ declaration, it must act as if
‘counter-increment: list-item’ were specified. (This does not affect the
specified or computed values of the counter properties.)
"""

I’m not sure about other implementation, but for the "not otherwise
having a declaration" test in WeasyPrint I’d have to record more
information from the cascade than I currently do.

`counter-increment: none`, `counter-increment: initial` and no
declaration all result in having a computed value of 'none', which is
the only result currently kept after the cascade.

I think that this kind of thing in other properties ends up being
resolved with a 'auto' properties. Here 'auto' would be the same as
'none' except when 'display' is 'list-item'

Regards,
--
Simon Sapin