Re: `overflow: hidden` on tables for border rounding doesn't seem to be supported by the standard

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2011 13:53:20 -0500
To: www-style@w3.org
On 12/1/11 11:38 AM, Brad Kemper wrote:
> I had this sort of situation before, and edend up putting the border radii on the cells instead of the table

That's not a great idea, since the current spec at
http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-background/#border-radius-tables says:

  The effect of border-radius on internal table elements is undefined in
CSS3
  Backgrounds and Borders, but may be defined in a future specification.

and last I checked interoperability for border-radius on cells was poor.

I agree that the general interaction of border-radius with tables is ...
complicated.  That's why it's not fully specced.  :(

-Boris