Re: `overflow: hidden` on tables for border rounding doesn't seem to be supported by the standard

From: Kang-Hao (Kenny) Lu <kennyluck@csail.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2011 02:20:36 +0800
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
CC: "Yao Wei (魏銘廷)" <mwei@lxde.org>, WWW Style <www-style@w3.org>
(11/12/02 0:19), Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> As far as I can tell, 'overflow' is supported on tables just fine.
> This appears to be a Gecko bug.

In the definition of 'overflow' in CSS2.1, it says 'overflow' applies to
block containers. (it used to apply to block-level boxes before July
last year[1])

In 9.2.1, it says

[[
Block-level elements are those elements of the source document that are
formatted visually as blocks (e.g., paragraphs). The following values of
the 'display' property make an element block-level: 'block',
'list-item', and 'table'.
Except for table boxes, which are described in a later chapter, and
replaced elements, a block-level box is also a block container box.
]]

And the table chapter mentions nothing about the term "block container".
I suppose I am missing something but what exactly is that?

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2010Jul/0383

Cheers,
Kenny