Re: [CSS21][12.5.1 The 'list-style-type' property] decimal-leading-zero clarification

Le 01/12/2011 00:23, Tab Atkins Jr. a écrit :
 >> So when Lists 3 is ready, it will make the matching parts of CSS 2.1
 >> >  obsolete and these parts won’t get corrections or clarifications?
 > Yes, unless there's something obviously wrong or confusing in 2.1.

So when I find something unclear or under-specified in 2.1, it’s not
worth reporting unless it’s really wrong as it will not get corrected?

>> >  When parts of a spec is obsolete, should it be marked as such with a link to
>> >  the new spec?
> We haven't generally done so with 2.1.  As I said above, implementors
> are expected to be reading the most updated version of the specs.
> This can be seen somewhat easily by looking at
> http://dev.w3.org/csswg/, and will be even easier once we get the new
> Current Work page back up, which lists all the specs by maturity
> level.

I guess that this Current Work page will also list which specs are
relevant or not? I was gonna use css3-content as an example but I just
saw that the editor’s draft has a big red obsoletion notice. However the
current version has no such warning. Nothing other that its age (2003)
shows that it is any less relevant than Lists 3 as they have the same
status (Working Draft).

Also, most CSS3 modules are much bigger than the matching parts of CSS
2.1. As the implementer of WeasyPrint, I try to keep some sanity and
start by only implementing 2.1. I only look at parts of CSS3 as I need
them. (eg. I have @page { size: … } but not the rest of Paged Media yet.)

Anyway thanks for your answers.
--
Simon Sapin