`overflow: hidden` on tables for border rounding doesn't seem to be supported by the standard

From: (wrong string) 魏銘廷 <mwei@lxde.org>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 17:54:29 +0800
To: www-style@w3.org
I am a student, and an amateur designer and developer. I was using
border-radius on table element, and set the background color on table
header, but I found that the color on table header overflowed on the
corner.
Then I used `overflow: hidden` on table, though Webkit-based browsers
work well, Gecko-based browsers do not.

I was going to file this problem on Mozilla, but I am worrying that
it could be explained as `overflow: hidden` cannot be used on tables
in CSS 2.1. Could the standard support this use case?

The test case is shown below:

--
Yao Wei