Re: [css3-gcpm] Printing backgrounds (thread reboot)

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 4:07 PM, Christoph Päper
<christoph.paeper@crissov.de> wrote:
> Tab Atkins Jr.:
>> At that point we'll be sure that we can't trust authors,
>
> If we can learn anything from Google’s success or from charset and mediatype sniffing, it is that *we cannot trust authors* (or at least we cannnot, usually, trust their explicit markup and meta data better than implicit information gathered by advanced heuristics). It’s sad, but we’re human after all.
>
> That’s said with my author’s hat on, wearing glasses of a sociopsychologist.

You can't necessarily extrapolate from those in general.  Those became
polluted because there was no feedback when it was done wrong.  We
*are*, in general, able to trust data tied to noticeable feedback.