Re: [css3-gcpm] Printing backgrounds (thread reboot)

From: Christoph Päper <christoph.paeper@crissov.de>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 01:07:25 +0200
To: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
Tab Atkins Jr.:
> At that point we'll be sure that we can't trust authors,

If we can learn anything from Google’s success or from charset and mediatype sniffing, it is that *we cannot trust authors* (or at least we cannnot, usually, trust their explicit markup and meta data better than implicit information gathered by advanced heuristics). It’s sad, but we’re human after all.

That’s said with my author’s hat on, wearing glasses of a sociopsychologist.