Re: [CSSWG] Minutes and Resolutions Telecon 201-08-17

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 12:14:11 -0700
To: www-style@w3.org
On 08/17/2011 09:04 PM, Sylvain Galineau wrote:

> [fantasai:]
>>     - RESOLVED: Put ltr | rtl keywords back into image(), mark as at-risk.
>> <fantasai>  Florian, prefixes are dropped per feature, not per module.
>
> Don't know how I missed this; the last time I pointed out we agreed we could move
> to CR on a per-feature basis when possible you said we did not in fact agree to that,
> though we discussed it. Can you point to the decision allowing us to do this? If that
> is the case then we never needed to move anything to Level 4 on the grounds of moving
> gradient standardization forward, did we ?

We did not agree to move to CR on a per-feature basis.
We did agree to allow prefix-dropping on a per-feature basis.

Dropping prefixes != moving to CR.

Dropping prefixes requires:
   1. The feature is in CR.
   2. The implementation is correct *per CR spec*
   3. The implementation proves its correctness via tests.

It's possible for #1 to be true for features that don't satisfy all three.

See
   http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS/#testing

~fantasai