RE: [css3-regions][css3-multicol] Regions example

From: Alex Mogilevsky <alexmog@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 20:41:16 +0000
To: Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
± From: www-style-request@w3.org [mailto:www-style-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Håkon Wium Lie
± Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2011 10:46 AM
±
± The example in Figure 1 and Figure 2 of the Regions spec is nice.
± However, it seems to me that the styling of the lead paragrah (in this case the
± introduction) is, more often than not, based on the structure rather than the layout. So, in
± most magazines, the whole lead paragrah
± -- and not just the words that happen to fit in a predinde box -- would be in bold. This is
± for example the case in The Economist.

In some publications (like Wired) it seems that special formatting in first column or page happens more often than not... (I've attached a random example)

± Does the regions model support this kind of flexibly-sized regions?

Yes, as Vincent noted we are working on that right now.

Note however that to apply formatting based on structure you don't really need regions. There is a lot of ways to make first paragraph look different, while there isn't much help (yet) if you want to make the first column look different...

Alex

photo.jpg
(image/jpeg attachment: photo.jpg)