Re: [css3-background] 'background-size: auto auto' and images with intrinsic size in one dimension

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 15:04:57 -0700
To: Brian Manthos <brianman@microsoft.com>
Cc: "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org>, "Boris Zbarsky (bzbarsky@MIT.EDU)" <bzbarsky@mit.edu>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 1:36 PM, Brian Manthos <brianman@microsoft.com> wrote:
> Please submit some test cases on this.  Because it's gone well beyond simple at this point.

The CSS2.1 testsuite somewhat tests this already in
<http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20110323/html4/background-intrinsic-006.htm>,
though it's limited by the lack of background-size, which wasn't
introduced until B&B.  For example, Chrome fails this for silly
reasons - we first size the viewport to be 40%/60% of the background
canvas, then size the <svg> to be 40%/60% of the viewport bounds.

This will be tested thoroughly by the B&B testsuite, when it's
written.  Would you like a few impromptu testcases now?