Re: [css3-images] Resolving on gradient issues

From: Alan Gresley <alan@css-class.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2011 13:03:27 +1000
To: Brian Manthos <brianman@microsoft.com>
CC: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On 5/08/2011 3:45 AM, Brian Manthos wrote:
> Brad Kemper:
>> That is a slanted way of characterizing it. The way I see it,
>> 'repeating-linear-gradient' is a way of simulating
>> 'background-repeat' on a possibly rotated canvas. background-repeat
>> can already create a repeating gradient (it just doesn't look good
>> when the gradient path is angled).
>
> Background-repeat has a specific meaning and capabilities.

Brad is talking about 'repeating-linear-gradient' looking odd when the
background tile is not rotated. To achieved that, you need to rotate the
background tile but then that bring up the new issue of how keywords
work for rotated background tiles along with how they are used (will be
used) with keywords with gradients.

--
Alan Gresley
http://css-3d.org/