RE: [css3-images] Resolving on gradient issues

From: Brian Manthos <brianman@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 19:43:36 +0000
To: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
CC: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
Brad Kemper:
> Then if the only reason to hold it back is because of the keyword
> disagreement, then I will be much happier to just accept the
> silly-sounding "downward rightward" syntax for corners, and
> just privately shake my head in disappointment every time I
> have to type it.

Though I'd prefer to just remove the ward suffice (going back to my original proposal), I can live with that.

Also I'd prefer "[leftward | rightward] || [downward | upward]" be the order in the grammar for serialization reasons.  But that can wait for another day.

If you ask me two weeks from now (i.e. we haven't moved on), I might withdraw my consent though.

What are the editors thoughts on this compromise?