Re: [CSS3] General question about CSS3 vendor prefixes

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 16:56:47 -0400
To: www-style@w3.org
On 4/28/11 4:23 PM, Mark Ayers wrote:
> So are the UAs not allowed to have a non-prefix implementation if the
> draft is not in CR?

That's correct, because there needs to be significant freedom to change
the spec before that point, and if vendors just shipped something
unprefixed web sites would start relying on it and effectively freeze
the spec in a possibly-broken state.

We've had that sort of thing before, in the last 90s, and no one (at
least of the UA vendors I know) really wants to go back to that.

-Boris