Re: [css3-fonts] version oddness on dev.w3.org

From: John Daggett <jdaggett@mozilla.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 19:34:14 -0700 (PDT)
To: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Cc: CSS public list <www-style@w3.org>
> On the WebFonts WG call just now, there was a certain amount of
> confusion with people seeing different things, in the editors draft
> of CSS3 Fonts.
>
> After a while it turned out that if you add the explicit Overview.html
>   http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-fonts/Overview.html
> you get an editors draft dated 7 April 2011 but if you omit it
>   http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-fonts/
> you get an editors draft dated 25 March 2011

The editor's draft of the CSS3 Fonts spec is here:

  http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-fonts

This is the way it's always referenced.

The Overview.html is a version I use for rough drafts when I want to
ask someone to look at a specific rewording or when I'm prepping a
Working Draft for publication.  There is no need for a general
reference, nor should the directory index point to it.

In this case, the reason for the confusion was that I asked Jonathan
to look at the changes I made to the SOR wording and he passed this
along.  I should have made it clearer that this was just my rough
draft.

Cheers,

John Daggett