Re: '', '', and '' in lists (was Re: [css3-lists] of lists and castles)

From: Hkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 13:23:24 +0200
To: Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
Cc: "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
Also sprach Leif Halvard Silli:

 > > For laws and other important documents, I'd probably not rely on
 > > counters and list styles -- I'd rather write the markers into to the
 > > document. Therefore, lists like the above example can still be encoded.
 >
 > I agree, but what pity? Something wrong with CSS or with HTML?

User style sheets could possibly override list style types and
delete/change the marks. So, if it's very important for the author
that the list style are there, in a certain form, it's probably better
to write them into HTML (or some other source language).

 > But one could be more radical than Tab: a maximum level of 99 should be
 > enough as a MUST requirement. Perhaps even less than that. Most lists
 > are only made of 3-4 list items.

Yes, I'd guess that 99 is enough for 99.99% of all lists.

But I don't see the need to limit the range if we chop section 4.3.

Cheers,

-h&kon
              Hkon Wium Lie                          CTO e