Re: [css3-animations] or?

I saw that discussion but it seems like it went out without any conclusion.

In my personal opinion that @keyframes feature is also something that
belongs to JS.
@keyframes create a precedent - syntax needed for it is not compatible with
previous
versions of CSS.

This:

@keyframes 'wobble' {
    0% {    left: 100px;    }
    40% {   left: 150px;    }
    60% {   left: 75px;   }
    100% {   left: 100px;   }
  }

Is just this:

.wobble    {  transition: left linear 0.2s;  }
.wobble0  {  left: 100px;  }
.wobble1  {  left: 150px;  }
.wobble2  {  left: 75px;   }
.wobble3  {  left: 100px;  }

with some JS function that switches wobble classes on some element on timing
basis.

So was my question. Why one type of complex animations deserve its own
mechanism and syntax and others are not?

--
Andrew Fedoniouk

http://terrainformatica.com