Re: [css3-text] Hanging punctuation for Roman (was script-specific functionality

From: Ambrose LI <ambrose.li@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 02:02:55 -0400
To: Koji Ishii <kojiishi@gluesoft.co.jp>
Cc: Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com>, Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
2011/4/8 Koji Ishii <kojiishi@gluesoft.co.jp>:
> I understand Wikipedia is incorrect. But even if it exists,
> doesn't the fact that at least two major applications in the
> world not supporting the feature indicate that it's not very
> important to put into CSS3?

No.

In fact, one of my biggest complaints about InDesign is the lack of
support of hanging punctuation.

A lot of CSS3 initiatives are already way far ahead of Word and
InDesign (which, btw, does not even support RTL languages properly
except in the special ME versions). It makes absolutely no sense to
remove a valid feature from CSS just because other software have not
yet caught up with CSS.

--
cheers,
-ambrose