From: www-style-request@w3.org [mailto:www-style-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of 塩澤 元 (Shiozawa, Hajime)
Sent: Friday, March 25, 2011 8:59 PM
To: www-style@w3.org
Subject: [css3-ruby] block elements inside <ruby> and wrapping inside <rb>.

I have two problems about block elements inside <ruby> and wrapping inside <rb>.
IE and Webkit have different rendering in these cases.

1: block elements inside <ruby>
[Markup]

[IE]
ABC
defGHI

[Webkit]
  def
ABCFGHI

2: wrapping inside <rb>
[Markup]

[IE]
あい
うえ
お
  abcdef
かきくけこ
さし
すせ
そ

[Webkit]
あい
うえ
お
abcdef
かき
くけこ
さし
すせ
そ

(*Acutually, the font size of "def" and "abcdef" is smaller than this example.)

Webkit is very comprehensible concerning blocks, but I think that it would be better to ignore block element.
In the case of wrapping inside <rb>, I think the behaviour of IE is much better.

What do you think?

Regards,
Hajime.

--