Re: Enhancing grouping of selectors

On Friday 2010-09-17 08:03 -0700, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> This runs into issues with scoping.  From what it looks like, your &
> combinator only lets you group together selectors that form a single
> element (that is, no element of the group can have any other
> combinators).  :any() lets you group arbitrary selectors together.

What I implemented in Gecko is without combinators, actually.

It wouldn't be particularly hard to implement (though it makes the
specificity issue in
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2010Feb/thread.html#msg263
a little more complicated).  It might make the selectors a good bit
harder to read, though.

-David