Re: [cssom] Directions for better OM expansions

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 13:29:37 +0200
To: "Daniel Glazman" <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
Cc: "www-style list" <www-style@w3.org>, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 13:22:32 +0200, Daniel Glazman
> Le 14/09/10 09:32, Anne van Kesteren a écrit :
>> Why? They have vastly different use cases. It seems perfectly logical to
>> me, too, that the resolved values are readonly. They are after all based
>> on all the rules in the style sheet. What would it even mean to edit
>> them?
>
> Warf!!! Having them read-write would be incredibly useful for editing
> tools ! Instead of dealing with rule modification, being able to
> directly tweak the resolved value and have it modify the originating
> rule would save a LOT of code and most certainly bugs...
> I'm with Tab here.

Editing the cascaded value (if it excludes UA and user style sheets) makes
sense I suppose (haven't thought much about it) but editing the resolved
value (either computed or used) does not. The styles used to compute the
resolved value can come from anywhere.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/