Re: [cssom] Directions for better OM expansions

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 13:29:37 +0200
To: "Daniel Glazman" <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
Cc: "www-style list" <www-style@w3.org>, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 13:22:32 +0200, Daniel Glazman
> Le 14/09/10 09:32, Anne van Kesteren a écrit :
>> Why? They have vastly different use cases. It seems perfectly logical to
>> me, too, that the resolved values are readonly. They are after all based
>> on all the rules in the style sheet. What would it even mean to edit
>> them?
> Warf!!! Having them read-write would be incredibly useful for editing
> tools ! Instead of dealing with rule modification, being able to
> directly tweak the resolved value and have it modify the originating
> rule would save a LOT of code and most certainly bugs...
> I'm with Tab here.

Editing the cascaded value (if it excludes UA and user style sheets) makes
sense I suppose (haven't thought much about it) but editing the resolved
value (either computed or used) does not. The styles used to compute the
resolved value can come from anywhere.

Anne van Kesteren