Re: [css3-images] Gradients feedback

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 13:38:10 -0400
To: Simon Fraser <smfr@me.com>
CC: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On 9/10/10 11:49 AM, Simon Fraser wrote:
> I think we should strive for consistency here with:'
> * SVG gradients

Agreed.  Note that SVG colors always have alpha == 1, so you can't have
a gradient with non-opaque colors or stops in SVG.  So no matter what we
do here it'll be consistent with SVG as it stands now.

> * color transitions
>
> In the latter case, if I have a horizontal gradient, and I run a transition on 'left' and 'background-color' of a child element over the top, the background-color of that child should match the color of the portion of the gradient it is over.
>
> We've already decided to use premultiplied colors for transitions. FWIW.

Yep, for the same reasons that we're suggesting premultiplied for gradients.

Sounds like we're on the same page here.

-Boris