Re: [css3-lists] Specifying new list-types

On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 5:58 PM, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:
> Speaking of which, Tab, we need some way of indicating in the counter()
> argument to use the correct numbering type associated with a particular
> counter instance. And some way of associating a counter instance with
> a numbering type. (I'd suggest using the list-style-type property somehow.
> Not sure how.) Because outlining styles that aren't all decimal would
> be hard to handle correctly otherwise.
>
> 1
>  1.a
>  1.b
>     1.b.i
>     1.b.ii
>     1.b.iii
>     1.b.iv
> 2
>  2.a
>  2.b
>  2.c

Ah, right, didn't even consider that that was a problem.  Yeah,
probably what should happen is that when a counter-reset happens
(establishing a new counter scope) it should grab the list-style-type
of the element that's doing the reset, and associate it with the
newly-created counter.  Then if you don't specify a list-type in the
counter() or counters() function, it just uses the counter's
associated list-style.