Re: [css3-2d-transforms][css3-3d-transforms] Relationship of CSSMatrix interface definitions

From: Simon Fraser <smfr@me.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 13:32:04 -0700
Cc: "www-style@w3.org list" <www-style@w3.org>
To: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
On Sep 7, 2010, at 12:59 PM, Sylvain Galineau wrote:

> Both CSS3 2D Transforms [1] and CSS3 3D Transforms [2] define a CSSMatrix DOM interface.
> One describes a 3x2 matrix, the other a 4x4 matrix.
>
> What is the relationship of these two identically named interface ? Is it intended for
> the DOM to have separate object types for 2D and 3D matrices ?
>
> [1] http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-3d-transforms/#cssmatrix-interface
> [2] http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-2d-transforms/#cssmatrix-interface

As I mentioned in another mail, an implementation with only 2D transform support should implement CSSMatrix as described in the 2D spec. An implementation with 3D transform support should implement CSSMatrix with properties and methods from both specifications. Advice on how to clarify this in the specs is welcome.

Simon