RE: [css3-2d-transforms][css3-3d-transforms] Relationship of CSSMatrix interface definitions

From: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 20:54:10 +0000
To: Simon Fraser <smfr@me.com>
CC: "www-style@w3.org list" <www-style@w3.org>
> From: Simon Fraser [mailto:smfr@me.com]

> As I mentioned in another mail, an implementation with only 2D
> transform support should implement CSSMatrix as described in the 2D
> spec. An implementation with 3D transform support should implement
> CSSMatrix with properties and methods from both specifications. Advice
> on how to clarify this in the specs is welcome.

It would definitely be helpful to call this out explicitly.
One option would be to have CSS2DMatrix and have CSS3DMatrix implement
the former.

I think I'd prefer to have CSS3 3D Transforms extend CSSMatrix by:

- Renaming 8.1. to 'Extensions to CSSMatrix'
- Use WebIDL as CSSOM-View and add [Supplemental] to your interface
declaration
- Link back to the CSS3 2D Transforms definition e.g. before the interface:
"The following interface extends the CSSMatrix interface definition specified
in the CSS3 2D Transforms module".