RE: Some grid troubles

(1) -- you are right, having an ability to specify min/max sizes on grid columns and rows would be a very useful addition.

-----Original Message-----
From: www-style-request@w3.org [mailto:www-style-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Alexander Shpack
Sent: Friday, September 03, 2010 2:16 PM
To: www-style@w3.org
Subject: Some grid troubles

1.

grid-columns: * 5% * (0.5in * *)[2] * * 10%;

I would like to control the second column and width of this column should not be wider than 150px; Oops, it's impossible.

2.

Next trouble you can read here:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-css3-grid-20070905/#example0
What happened, if I add another picture?

What I need to do, if I wish to separate another picture from first one? The correct answer is bad. I must change the grid declaration, and must control the count of elements, because any other element may destroy this layout. If content is static, everything should be ok, but, if content may be changed by users, this users must be very skilled in design. They should thinking like grid-monsters. Today, content editor may insert image into text and control it position by this way, with grids they should insert new grid and set up image floating and offset. Too complicated.