Re: transition-property specify property to NOT animate only

From: Simon Fraser <smfr@me.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2010 08:01:57 -0700
Cc: www-style@w3.org
To: Colin Sullivan <colinsul@gmail.com>
On Aug 21, 2010, at 4:26 am, Colin Sullivan wrote:

> Today I was animating a class transition and the font-size was causing the external font to break during the animation.  I'm not complaining, but it would be nice if I could choose to animate "all" properties EXCEPT font-size.

WebKit had a bug where the font would change during font-size animations. Maybe you were running into that; try a recent WebKit nightly.

> For example:
>> transition-property: !font-size
> would animate everything but the font size.
>
> If this already exists and I don't know about it, awesome.

It does not. Generally we discourage transition-property: all since it can lead to poor performance, and in reality authors really only intend to animate a few properties.

Simon