RE: [css3-writing-modes] vertical writing mode and visual formatting

From: Koji Ishii <kojiishi@gluesoft.co.jp>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 13:28:00 -0400
To: Alan Gresley <alan@css-class.com>
CC: CSS W3C Group <www-style@w3.org>
Alan,

Can you please be more specific which part of what spec you're talking about?

> I talking about it being specified is CSS2.1 focusing on it's top left
> bias of lrt inline progression and ttb block progression.

If you're talking about specific behaviors of a browser, you should talk to the browser vendor. CSS 2.1 doesn't have writing-mode property, and thus it doesn't define the behavior for other cases than horizontal text flow. What you're seeing is what the vendor implemented, not the CSS spec. I'm sorry to say that I can't be any help here.

If you're talking about old drafts or current editor's draft of css3-writing-mode spec, you're right that this is the place to talk about issues and questions, and in that case, I'd appreciate if you could specify which part of the spec you're talking about.

Regards,
Koji