Re: [css3-multicol] overflow and paging?

From: Shelby Moore <shelby@coolpage.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 13:58:36 -0400
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: "Brad Kemper" <brad.kemper@gmail.com>, "David Storey" <dstorey@opera.com>, www-style@w3.org
> Brad is correct.  In the code you provided, the inner div's height is
> *not* constrained.  Its height is 'auto'.

[snip]

Agreed, please read my reply to Brad.

> If you set the inner div's height to 100%, then it should have the
> behavior you want.

No because then the spec would force overlow direction to inline, but I
need the block direction.  Please read my reply to Brad.

There is currently no way to get proper column height layout with vertical
(block) direction overflow. We need your "column-overflow:inline|block"
setting.