Re: [css3-writing-modes] Properties with horizontal/vertical values

From: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 09:48:06 -0700
Cc: Koji Ishii <kojiishi@gluesoft.co.jp>, David Hyatt <hyatt@apple.com>, "www-style@w3.org list" <www-style@w3.org>
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
On Oct 13, 2010, at 2:44 AM, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:

>> My gut feeling is shadows are physical, overflow and border-spacing are
>> logical,
>
> This makes sense to me. I can't think of any use cases for overflow-x
> and overflow-y or border-spacing being physical rather than logical.

How about overflow of an image? I might have 'overflow-x:hidden /* or visible */; overflow-y:auto;' because I know the image will fit horizontally and don't want a horizontal scrollbar to appear (not even a grayed out version). The image would not normally get turned with vertical/horizontal text switching.