Re: Issue 101 Resolution

From: Peter Moulder <peter.moulder@monash.edu>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 08:35:52 +1100
To: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 01:09:38PM +1100, I wrote:

> I believe Anton Prowse's point is that in effect it does "specify which float
> is place[d] lower" (to satisfy rule 3), because only one of the two options for
> a given pair would satisfy rule 5.

I should note here that I'm taking "[float] to the left/right of [a float]" in
the float rules to mean "their margin boxes overlap vertically", and that we're
using the same criterion that we chose for a line box being "next to" a float,
such that a negative-height float isn't considered "to the left/right of" any
other float.

I believe that the phrase "to the left/right" of in the current
publicly-visible text isn't clear enough, and needs to be changed.

Similarly, "top"/"bottom" need to be clarified, presumably to "outer top" /
"outer bottom".

pjrm.