Re: [CSS21] Clarifications to run-in

On 10/11/10 6:08 AM, Øyvind Stenhaug wrote:
 >>On 9/16/10 9:08 PM, fantasai wrote:
>>> (Although I personally think that run-ins should be able to run into
>>> anonymous boxes.)
>>
>> You do? Webkit had this behavior, and it caused this markup:

>> in
>>
>> To render like so:
>>
>> Run in
>> to here?
>
> Even if that's what's desired, it's not what the text specifies.

It's not desired, was my point.  Except apparently by fantasai.

> It says to run in to a sibling element (fulfilling certain criteria) of the
> run-in, so it's going to look like this:
>
> in
> Runto here?

My point is that the spec currently says that in this case the run-in
should NOT run in.  Fantasai apparently thinks this should be perhaps
changed so it runs into the anonymous block containing "in"; I'm
pointing out that this is not obviously desirable change.  I have no
idea where your proposed rendering came from or what changes to the spec
it's assuming and why.

-Boris