Re: [css3-images] Proposed Gradients changes

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 10:37 PM, Rik Cabanier <cabanier@adobe.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My name's Rik Cabanier and I'm an engineer with Adobe. In the past I wrote gradient support code for print and pdf for virtually every Adobe product so I'm very familiar with the subject matter.
> I was reading the CSS gradient spec and it seems that it could be improved. I think it could be made simpler and some features such as focal length and extend color are missing.
>
> Is it too late to update the specification or is it still open for review?

Heya Rik!

The spec is still open for review; at the moment we have only a single
experimental implementation, though I think the spec itself is mature
and ready for wide implementation now.

I'd be happy to hear your feedback, though, and see if there's
anything important missing that I should be addressing.  Note as well,
though, that CSS gradients are purposely intended to be fairly simple;
more complex gradients are reserved for SVG.